Game server IP: 18.104.22.168
Game stats website: https://ut2004.thevorticon.com/
Hell Yeah Dude UT2004 Server
Ever since I played a giant fun instagib server I’ve wanted to find/play all those fun simple yet crazy maps. It took a lot of effort to go through 15+yr old forums and downloads but I think I’m at a good place where I’ve got a pretty big collection of content to go nuts with.
I’m still in the process of changing the server rules/addons. It’s MAINLY CTF focused, probably instagib, and bots will fill up the ranks up to X players.
What do I need to play?!
- UT2004 with Patch 3369 (the last patch)
- Uhhh internet?
- Maybe a custom player model? Lots to find here!
- No really, that’s it.
I found it super fun to find out how modular and easy to host/customize content for such an old game. I even made a little post on how anyone can make a server.
- I’ve included ~500 user maps from collections I’ve found, as well as the vanilla maps. (I’m planning on posting a zip of everything so someone else can set it up quickly too)
- UTStats server for persistent player/map stats
- Local redirect server, feeds users maps/content to their cache if they dont have maps/mods locally
- Local Instagib rules for absolute chaos
- Slowly building “good” maplists, which I’ll post here sometime
Stuff I want to do/add
- Put a CDkey in so it properly registers on masterlist, I’m just lazy