2012
01.17

I’ve started a new job as a programmer/analyst at a forensic agency. It’s only about a 15min walk away from me, so it works out pretty well. Right now I’m tasked with getting a Flash file working that (seems) half completed.

I first had to decompile a WIP binary (SWF) and salvage whatever Actionscript I could, and then piece it together however I could. As of right now, I have it in a semi-working state. The values come up from the database (I think) and there are no errors on start up. The same can’t be said for a lot of the functions, but I’m slowing working on that and hopefully I can get it all working from the decompiled code piece by piece.

One of the problems I’m facing now is how many custom classes the previous developer was using and trying to piece them together. I’m also pretty sure he was using a previous version of the Flex SDK too since there were some compatibility issues with some files, so I also have to clean everything up and get it working with the latest build.

I used Sothink SWF Decompiler (paid version) and it actually works beautifully, even for the MXML files I needed for Flex/Flash Builder. I highly recommend it if you’re looking to decompile Flash.

No Comment.

Add Your Comment